Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!! Empty Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!!

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:51 am

Employed 8 years in a medical facility. Excellent reviews all saved. 10 months ago I was asked to
work OT one night and then was advised not to put it on time card by the manager. I complained
to HR and was paid. A month later I was called in by HR and Director with a written warning stating
that I was making hang up calls from a common work phone (I denied this with a rebuttal). I was
just called in last week again being accused of looking at the internet ( I also denied this) and
submitted a letter which I have a copy of asking HR to block any access of Internet on my system
so they can't accuse me of this. I strongly believe they are building a termination after I complained
of OT. I have multiple letters I wrote to HR with all these issue fpr the past year saved................

1. Do I have any legal grounds if terminated?
2. If I'm terminated, Can I collect Unemployment in Mass ?
3. I was told they do this so they don't have to pay severance and unemployment.

Please help!!! This is very unfair. Scottsman
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!! Empty Re: Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!!

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:54 am

Scottsman wrote:
1. Do I have any legal grounds if terminated?
2. If I'm terminated, Can I collect Unemployment in Mass ?
3. I was told they do this so they don't have to pay severance and unemployment Please help!!! This is very unfair. Scottsman
1. Yes you can not be fired for asking for your pay.

2. Yes.

3. No thats not true.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!! Empty Scottsman

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:02 am

Could I sue? If I'm terminated, will I be able to get my pension after 9 years? Does this mean
they can do this instead of laying someone off so they don't have to pay a severance as there
policy say's ?
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!! Empty Re: Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!!

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 am

Yes if you are fired for a bogus reason after you complained about not being paid you can sue.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Please help!!!!!!! I may be getting advice on a sham site!! Empty scottsman

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:13 am

After 8 years of excellent reviews which are all saved and the time study that I completed.
All the saved e-mails to HR. The warning that they gave me which is untrue and they cannot
prove. And statements form other employees in regards to the treatments they experienced after
years of service. Do you think I would win a suit with this documentation and time frame?
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:19 am

Scottsman wrote:After 8 years of excellent reviews which are all saved and the time study that I completed.
All the saved e-mails to HR. The warning that they gave me which is untrue and they cannot
prove. And statements form other employees in regards to the treatments they experienced after
years of service. Do you think I would win a suit with this documentation and time frame?
Oh I cant predict if you will prevail, only that if your fired you may have a prima fascia case to take to court. No one can predict who's favor a jury or judge will find in, or if the case would be settled out in pre trial litigation. I can recomend an attorney in your state.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:23 am

I would appreciate it.... Do most cases go on a contigency basis? Also, Is there a time frame I
need to follow if and when the termination happens to file a suit? Also, do I file for unemployent
before I contact the attorney?
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:28 am

Scottsman wrote:I would appreciate it.... Do most cases go on a contigency basis?
Depends on the strength of the case and the potential recovery. In Massachusetts I recommend Gordon Phillip if he takes your case you have a good attorney heres the link: www.gordonllp.com tell him JoeC sent you. He was instrumental in getting the wage law in Massachusetts to award treble damages for unpaid wages.
JoeC (McGruff)

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 am

Thanks.. I will.
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 am

Your welcome. Also I see your posting on LLT.com that is a sham site and the poster Got Smart is not smart in fact he is an idiot a pro-employee lackey stooge of the Nazi cbg.

https://joeslegalforum.forumotion.net/website-review-sham-sites-f27/you-know-where-they-work-laborlawtalkcom-ellmd-is-stupid-cbg-is-a-dictator-t76.htm

JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:43 am

To funny!!!!!!
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:44 am

Feel free to add your comment on the link.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:48 am

Are you an attorney?
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 am

Scottsman wrote:Are you an attorney?
No I am not the attorneys on this site attorneys are marked attorney. H.R personnel are marked as such, in fact anyone claiming professional credentials are verified.
JoeC (McGruff)

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 am

I am reading not smarts answers on severance pay is not required by law. That is so typical of those idiots, its required if it is agreed to or part of your employment hire. http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=221661
JoeC (McGruff)

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 am

I agree, and after 9 years they would be obligated to 9 weeks. SO, They can just fire someone out
of the blue even if it's untrue and they are free from this? I think it's criminal.

What do you think Attorney gorden would think?
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:11 am

Scottsman wrote:I agree, and after 9 years they would be obligated to 9 weeks. SO, They can just fire someone out
of the blue even if it's untrue and they are free from this? I think it's criminal.

What do you think Attorney gorden would think?
Oh I cant speak for an attorney but I can tell you not smart is talking out his ass on severance pay. That is covered under basic contract law in your case. Here educate not smart with this link: http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34007
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:31 am

#14 Today, 07:26 PM
NotSmart
Senior Member Join Date: Aug 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just remember that in a court only the judges opinion counts.

Lay low, do your job, and start looking if you feel that someone is out to get you.

O.M.G what a fucking dork! Tell that idiot hay seed, judges have a tendency to look at the evidence before ruling.
JoeC (McGruff)

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:58 am; edited 2 times in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 am

I guess your not a fan of his...lol
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:38 am

Scottsman wrote:I guess your not a fan of his...lol
Hey if you want the same answers your boss will give you post on that: the-employer-is always-right -no-mater-what-the-logic-bent site. I am not a fan of hardly any of those pinheads and their Nazi leader cbg. They make me want to puke.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 am

Wow!!!!

You seem to know a lot... should the attorney take this case I would think he would have a strong
opinion that he would win. If an attorney takes this, Do you know if this ends up in court usually or does it settle? Also, I appreciate the bagpipper....great!!!
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:46 am

Most cases are settled in the pre-trial litigation phase, most cases do not go to trial. Usually a settlement is made. Attorneys don't take cases they know will loose.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 am

LOL you got ElleMd handing out bogus legal advice. She is already siding with the employer what a joke. Ask her why she did not get canned for posting thousands of posts during business hours? JoeC (McGruff)

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottsman Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:26 am

lol.... this person does seem very defensive
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:28 am

Scottsman wrote:lol.... this person does seem very defensive
She is a fraud she should have been canned herself.
JoeC (mcGruff)

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:08 am; edited 2 times in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next