Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrongful Termination/Medical

2 posters

Go down

Wrongful Termination/Medical Empty Wrongful Termination/Medical

Post  BJL Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:27 am

As an employee who works in WV, I understand that the emploer hes the free will to fire without just cause. Here is my situation:
Diagnosed with a life threatening disability, I must have regular blood testing to monitor my illness. I suffred a stroke in 2004 which took a long time to recover. Prior to starting employment with a Non-Profit agency, I disclosed my medical condition and explained the need for absenses as a result. I was told by the CEO that it would not be a problem, and began work in 2006. In 6/2008, I was informed that I would be getting a new supervisor. My supervisor was informed of my condition, and their limits, however I was required to attend several events throughout the summer (all day-no breaks-in the sun) which resulted in causing my medical condition to "Flare" to a dangerous degree. I explained all this to my supervisor who promptly said that she was denying a request for medical leave because she was too busy and needed help. I again explained the circumstances and even took the situation to my CEO. I was informed that the decision was "my choice" and followed the doctors advise. The following Monday, I was informed that I was terminated and had 30 minutes to clear my office.
I have documention to support all of this. Any suggestions?

BJL

Back to top Go down

Wrongful Termination/Medical Empty Re: Wrongful Termination/Medical

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:39 am

You need an attorney your employer may be in violation of the A.D.A. The employer agreed to a reasonable accommodation. Then the new manager welched without engaging in the interactive processes which is requiered under the A.D.A.
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down