Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A four day work week?

2 posters

Go down

A four day work week? Empty A four day work week?

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:23 pm

JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

A four day work week? Empty Re: A four day work week?

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:27 pm

I've had the production shop on 4 day weeks for close to a year now. We started it because 1) we were slow and 2) gas prices were way up.

It's worked so well that now that we picked up and gas has come down we are continuing it. The employees were able to alter their child care issues fairly quickly and so far it has been a win/win. Friday becomes the OT day if we need it so even with OT they still get a full weekend.

Most of the time they get their 40 hours and a 3 day weekend. Took a little adjusting to our vacation and PTO benefits but it really was as simple as converting them to hours instead of days and findng a new way to track it.

Just wish the CEO would allow the Executive staff the same option but I'm glad to be able to do something for our employees that they really like, even if I personally can't take part in it.

Back to top Go down

Post  ankylos Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Wow! A boss that cares about his employees! Can I come work for you?

ankylos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Not all employers and bosses are evil. There are some of us who realize how valuable our people truly are to our success.

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am

The four day ten hour shift is not going to work for everyone. Some police Dept. around here have four 12 hour shifts (ten hours straight two overtime). If it can be done and the employer saves costs and the employees like it, it would make sense to improvise. Personally I prefer five eights over four tens.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down