Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Use at Work

2 posters

Go down

Internet Use at Work Empty Internet Use at Work

Post  Scottsman Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:37 am

I have been employed in a medical facility for 8 years.. A few chosen people including myself was called in by HR and was questioned about being on the internet/Craigs list ect....

I never went on these cites and was told that they monitored activity on my computer which I
catagorically denied.. I was called in again a month later saying that they were investigating this.

I e-mailed (I have a copy) HR specifically asking to be blocked from the internet so I can not be called
on the carpet for something I didn't do.

My question is, If they fire me for this after I denied this and sent a letter to HR requesting that I have
no internet involvement... Would I be elidgeable for Unemployment ( I'm in Massachusetts).
This would be a wrongful termination anf they would get out of paying severance --Lay off.
Scottsman
Scottsman

Back to top Go down

Internet Use at Work Empty Re: Internet Use at Work

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:08 pm

I would say you have a good chance at unemployment on appeal. However it’s up to the state, if they fired you for something you never did that’s usually a good case.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down