Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts

2 posters

Go down

UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts Empty UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts

Post  kookdeville79 Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi everyone I am Dan. One month ago I received what they call a disciplinary action form stating that my van was dirty. The thing is that ;5 months ago when I started, I was given that van dirty, and no one inspected it ,or made me sign anything I was hopping on a clean van or I am responsible for this and that.

The DAF states that the dirty van, and the paperwork are the reason I am being reprimanded for, and that I was going to get a review the 18th, to see if I improved. Otherwise they could terminate my employment. Not to mention I did everything I could to clean a van that was given to me dirty.

Yesterday the 30th I got sat down and let go because of that .They call themselves an “at-will” employment company and they claim they can let me go like that. Another thing is that their policy says you need 3 DAFs to get fired, and I was only give one? Is there anything I can do?

They left me high and dry, I have a 6 year old son to support.

Dan

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:10 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Terrible spelling and punctuation Insert state.)

kookdeville79

Back to top Go down

UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts Empty Re: UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:42 pm

What state?
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts Empty OH SORRY

Post  kookdeville79 Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm

I live on nantucket island mass
Dan

kookdeville79

Back to top Go down

UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts Empty Re: UNJUST DISSMISSAL?EMPLOYMENT AT WILL? Massachusetts

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Contact an attorney to see if the three D.A.F rule gives rise to an implied contract theory. Massachusetts courts have recognized that employment contracts may contain an implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing and that a termination not made in good faith constitutes a breach of the contract.

The good faith and fair dealing exception, however, has been narrowly construed to apply only where employers would unjustly benefit financially by terminating an employee to deprive him or her of compensation for past services. Also file for Unemployment Insurance.
JoeC

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kookdeville79 Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:11 pm

OK I will try to find one that will not empty out my account, but if I can get my job back it would be worth it

thanks
Dan

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling punctuation)

kookdeville79

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:21 pm

First you have to find one that belives you have a case before fees are disscused.
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down