Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone told me to come here...

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty Re: Someone told me to come here...

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:28 am

Cant they roll them all up into one?
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty They should be able to roll it up...

Post  macchan Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:24 am

That is a question I have never asked thank you. I tell you it is a case of the company calling the union asking for their help in getting rid of a problem employee. The union complied because they never did their due diligence on me and now they opened up a can of worms. I had two grievances still pending before I got terminated and they seemed to have disappeared. They are extremely relevant to my case although my current BA keeps insisting they are not. FMLA Harassment and Mgr. Harassment 2 weeks before termination are not relevant? Are you serious.

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty Hey I never started a new topic...

Post  macchan Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:20 am

but I would like to know where I could find arbitration costs estimates in Indiana. Plus if you know approximate costs of what a panel meeting

may cost. I want to know what they are spending to keep this going instead of talking to me. Trying to get all my eggs in one basket.

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty OK I have a question on the union...

Post  macchan Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:17 am

yesterday my BA said that he wouldn't be able to meet with me until at the Regional Panel. He has never heard my full story as

to why I did what I did when I was discharged, seems he doesn't care. And it is way to much to get into here. My question is when I

see my BA at the hearing and whoever else from my local shows up to act like I am beiing represented to I need to be cordial with them? Can

I just tell them to kiss my ass? I know they have to snd it to arbitration if it gets there but at this point no matter what I do they are not going

to help. they never were and I have to get over it and handle my own business.

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty Re: Someone told me to come here...

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:20 am

On one of your posts you wrote you work for Fed-Ex are you under the R.L.A?
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  macchan Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:31 am

OH sorry used to work for Fed Ex no I work for someone else with similar interests. Haven't like them since they bombed Pearl Harbor.
We have our own National Agreement and I am with the Teamsters.

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:34 am

OK if you are under the R.L.A there is a completely different handling, than under the N.L.R.A. Even on a national agreement with teamsters.
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty Oh I am definetly NLRA...

Post  macchan Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:15 am

and have to wait out the process. I just need to know if I have to talk with the people representing me who won't even meet with me to prepare my case. At this point nothing I can say will help me. I just want to be rude to somebody that's all. Kind of like Onyx just did in a different forum on this board. I liked that.

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:35 am

Well yea he/she hit the proverbial nail on the head the senior posters over there can bring out that kind of frustration , Gandhi would slap those idiots. If Onyx is in H.R in any capacity all the more reason for the anger how would you like some guys makeing your craft look bad?

I would not piss off the bargaining agent like Onyx may have pissed off some lackeys over at LLT. People generally perform better when they feel the person who's interest are in their hands have confidence in them. The RLA process is much slower with little avenue to the courts. Both laws have their advantages and disadvantages.
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty Strategy for Monday Hearing...

Post  macchan Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:07 am

OK please keep in mind that I believe my union is not very interested in helping me. I am convinced as our others of my brand new ba and Labor Guy at the other place are in cahoots. It was told to me before it even happened by others who deal with unions.

Now where I am asking help is the following. The company according to contract has to stick with what they gave me as the reason for termination. They used 2 documents generated by scanners we use to track the freight. On my termination letter they quoted 2 seperate parts of the contract as the reason for termination. So that is what they have to go by.

I have given my BA two pieces of info from the contract that contradict and eliminate both in my opinion. The first is that I am in the Central Region and that is the article they have to use to terminate me. They did not do so. They terminated me for dishonesty and theft of time. Their articles allow for theft or dishonest of any kind. Mine allows for only proven dishonesty a higher standard. The second said that they cannot use Scanner generated reports as the sole basis for termination and that is all they used. (keep in mind BA first time was pissed I found it, second time acted like he knew)

He wants to introduce evidence of my timeline where I was where I was going... etc. He brought this up in the first termination meeting and keeps harping on it for some reason like somehow I need to prove my innocence.

Doesn't the two contract items tell the story? Why introduce evidence that could be potentially damaging if taken the wrong way? They had the chance for a investigation and they passed why do it for them?

Agree or Disagree with my thoughts that less is more especially in this case.

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:42 am

How would it be damaging if it clears you?
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty Let's try again...

Post  macchan Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:17 am

I meant only the fact of letting the BA put in evidence that I don't think is necessary.

Why address the timeline when it is not necessary to address the timeline.

Doesn't matter what I was doing on my route as Management has to prove their case and they can't do it, the more stuff
you introduce the more chance they have at rebuttal is my theory.

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Someone told me to come here... - Page 2 Empty OK So I lost...

Post  macchan Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:49 am

Thought I had it won but the company somehow got in evidence that wasn't brought up at the termination. I fucked up when I said union did OK today, and then they asked me if I got to say what I wanted. I said I guess but I wish I knew I what I was doing. they stopped me during rebuttal and asked if I knew I was in rebuttal. I said "this is it?" I don't know where I am I thought this was closing?

Little rambling there I had taken 3 sleep tablets 5 hours before meeting because I thought it was Tuesday so I was discombobulated as I had only slept 2 hours night before. Took a couple more tonight so rambling a lot. guess i will get to teh point.

Decision is final and binding I know what that means but what are my options? My BA didn't object to anything when the company entered a document that wan't presented at my termination. We had even asked for all statements made during the investigation?

Then at the end they upheld the grievance 3 company and 3 teamsters. Unity and Brotherhood my ass. Then as I was standing there shocked they ushered me to the door and told me to leave. I hadn't even said a word or got mad? WTF I am completly loss so I left and am just stunned. I figured my BA would call me or something, I ended up lost in Detroit for over an hour. Boy what a cluster fuck. Do I have any options?

Sorry so bad I am just not comprehending everything that went on. In a day I will type this more coherent if it will help. Sorry

macchan
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum