Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Job Posting!

2 posters

Go down

No Job Posting! Empty No Job Posting!

Post  mikeb14 Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 am

My company has hired several people to fill vague positions that were never posted and don't have a job description. These people may be earning near the same or more than me. I have been there 26 years. I am a successful sales manager and have, needless to say, vast experience with this company. I have been asking for additional responsibilities (training new sales staff, working with other divisions, etc) for years. I have been able to do some of that (with good feedback). Recently, however, my boss hired a couple of people (from direct competitors) out of the blue (no job posting). One of them is already starting to position himself as a "sales trainer" although my boss is careful not to give him a title. I have a pretty good idea that his wage is close to mine or even above. What the hell? I really don't want to quit (27 years in January), but do I have any recourse. What happened to rewarding loyalty, let alone competence and experience? I would have applied for the "position" but there was no posting. Mike

mikeb14

Back to top Go down

No Job Posting! Empty Re: No Job Posting!

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Contact an employment attorney possible violation of the ADEA.
JoeC(McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down