Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

retraining after an OTJ injury

3 posters

Go down

retraining after an OTJ injury Empty retraining after an OTJ injury

Post  ecurbe Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:02 am

i have talked to my workman's comp case worker about having them pay for my re-education to a new career as my OTJ injury has effectively made it unfeasible to preform my current job. i am strongly considering going to pharmacy school to become a pharmacist. a complete turn around from my current job.

i am considered disabled/handicapped after the injury, and could easily show the injury has left me unable to preform my job at pre-accident levels.

my case worker told me that i need to go to the AZ labor board to petition them to have them pay for my re-education.

how do i go about doing this?
do i need a lawyer to do this?

unfortunately there is more to it. in AZ if it is any kind of an automotive repair job, it is completely outside or at least inside of a swamp cooled shop. because of scarring (you don't seat through scars ) i have also lost 16% of my ability to sweat, therefore causing difficulty in regulating my body temp. couple that with the fact i have to wear burn/compression sleeves and gloves PLUS a long sleeve t shirt PLUS a uniform button up shirt over that then add 100-117 deg temps with varying humidity to the mix. when i weld it gets worse because i have to wear a heavy leather jacket, heavy leather gloves, and have no air movement so as not to blow away my gas shield. it was miserable before i was injured, add no sweating on my hands and arms and 2 extra layers of clothing and it becomes unbearable! i am looking at having to wear this for at least another year. then more surgeries and probably have to start the cycle again.

i am also going to talk to my case worker about seeing some kind of a therapist/councilor to figure out what is going on too

ecurbe

Back to top Go down

retraining after an OTJ injury Empty Re: retraining after an OTJ injury

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 am

Unfortunately I don't have the answer,and our W.C lady the ill-tempered Blue Bear is not here at present, so hang tough. An answer will be fourth coming.
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ecurbe Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:18 am

ok i will! thanks for the speedy reply!

ecurbe

Back to top Go down

Post  bears00 Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:49 pm

The Industrial Comission of Arizona handles WC issues. Retraining is available in your state. I will tell you, however, that I don't think it will be possible for the state to pay for you to go all the way through pharmacy school. Most states now require that pharmacists have a PhD. The occupation that you are currently working in is the equivalent of a technical school graduate. What may be ENTIRELY possible is for them to pay for you to be retrained as a pharmacy tech.

You are asking that the comission retrain you, and pay for a bachelor's degree plus a master's or a PhD when you were not previously employed in an occupation that required that type of edcuation or credentialing.

Here is a link for the Industrial Comission:
http://www.ica.state.az.us/workersCompensation/index.html

Here is a link for licensing requirements for a pharmacist in Arizona:
http://www.pharmacy.state.az.us/index.html

GOOD LUCK, AND HIT US BACK WITH ANY MORE QUESTIONS!!!
bears00
bears00

http://www.myspace.com/anitrachapel

Back to top Go down

Post  ecurbe Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:04 pm

do i need to retain an attorney for the the petitioning process of the "retraining"?
i am seeing an attorney on Monday, should i enquire about that with him too?

ecurbe

Back to top Go down

Post  bears00 Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:16 am

You should inquire with the attorney about this also. If he is pursuing a settlement, oridinarily a settlement will cover all economic damages to include retraining.
bears00
bears00

http://www.myspace.com/anitrachapel

Back to top Go down

Post  ecurbe Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:21 am

thanks, i'll bring that to their attention too.

ecurbe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum