Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLRB Chairman gives great speech

2 posters

Go down

NLRB Chairman gives great speech Empty NLRB Chairman gives great speech

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm

NLRB Chairman gives great speech 6a00d8341bfae553ef01310f2aa229970c-120wi

Wednesday February 17th,Wilma Liebman, Chairman of the NLRB gave a great speech at Washington University (St. Louis) on the future of labor law. It was part of the school's revamped Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Work and Social Capital, headed by Marion Crain. She held back no punch's Democrat controlled congress, as well as business groups were addressed as well as the Dunlop Commission. She lays out the history of labor law in the U.S and changes that have occurred.

This is a woman that gets it, and you don’t have to be a deep thinker or college graduate to read this simple piece and get a grasp on the nation’s problems. Liebman spells out that in labor law a nexus exists between strong labor laws, strong unions, creating a strong middle class.

The speech was taped and hopefully some one can find it and post it (my link failed) the text is also available in PDF here. I encourage everyone to read it.

http://www.nlrb.gov/nlrb/press/releases/Access_Justice_Speech.pdf
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

NLRB Chairman gives great speech Empty Re: NLRB Chairman gives great speech

Post  WorkHorse Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Here's a little more history on Wilma Liebman, she's someone I had never heard about before JoeC's (McGruff) post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfrAG8k9Pls

Thanks JoeC/McGruff
WorkHorse
WorkHorse
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  WorkHorse Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Here's the video of the 2/17/10 speech, although a little long - well worth watching. Ms Liebman is an excellent speaker and representative of the NLRB.

http://mediasite.law.wustl.edu/Mediasite/Viewer/?peid=b9fe2821df7d40eeaf2e070dfc820222
WorkHorse
WorkHorse
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 pm

That is the same link I had but it does not work on my computer. So the problem must be my computer. It is a good speech and I hope she has aspirations for national office. She Damn sure has my vote.

Just watched the you tube link. She is from Philadelphia! McGruff was born there, no wonder I love her, and never seen her before. I have read her dissenting opinions in the past, but the speech was just so much more hitting the nail on the head. The Nazi cbg would ban her opinions on the sham sites that she moderates thats for sure. Thats what Nazis do stifle free speech. Thanks for the link workhorse.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down