Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been away from the board a while. NRAB case pending Supreme court.

2 posters

Go down

Been away from the board a while. NRAB case pending Supreme court. Empty Been away from the board a while. NRAB case pending Supreme court.

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:41 am

I have not been posting much due to the fact that I am currently studying a pending case before the supreme court. Regarding a procedural rule of R.L.A and whether the N.R.A.B erred in dismissing the case. Any one interested in reviewing can read here and follow the links. Oral arguments were heard October 7Th. http://topics.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/08-604
JoeC (McGruff)

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Been away from the board a while. NRAB case pending Supreme court. Empty Re: Been away from the board a while. NRAB case pending Supreme court.

Post  Mr. Pink Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:44 am

JoeC (McGruff) wrote:I have not been posting much due to the fact that I am currently studying a pending case before the supreme court. Regarding a procedural rule of R.L.A and whether the N.R.A.B erred in dismissing the case. Any one interested in reviewing can read here and follow the links. Oral arguments were heard October 7Th. http://topics.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/08-604
JoeC (McGruff)

How do you think the court will come down on the case?

Mr. Pink
Mr. Pink
Mr. Pink
Good Fellow

Back to top Go down

Been away from the board a while. NRAB case pending Supreme court. Empty Re: Been away from the board a while. NRAB case pending Supreme court.

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:48 am

I am not optimistic given recent decision by the court. I would like to see them uphold the appellate court decision I believe reading the opinion the appellate courts reasoning was sound.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:30 am

Here it is in a nutshell the Court held in a unanimous decision that no live due process issues existed, it provided dicta to clarify the issue. Basically, the Court stated that only Congress--not the NRAB as the board had maintained--had the power to shape the NRAB's jurisdiction and that the conference requirement was waivable, not jurisdictional. So McGruff is happy...Wolf...Wolf!
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/pdf/08-604P.ZO
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down