Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe

4 posters

Go down

Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe Empty Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe

Post  KickMe Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:28 pm

What an awesome site. You have set this up to accommodate all in a way that will be truly meaningful. Too bad LLT didn't have the good sense to do the same. Oh well their loss that is for sure.

Looking forward to seeing this board fill up rapidly with good sound advice for the workers of this country.

KM

KickMe

Back to top Go down

Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe Empty Glad your here!

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Glad to see you kickme We have not got all the bugs worked out yet. Still cant upload images in the posts. There will be little action for sometime. LLT is a good site actually, it is just poorly moderated. cbg has her little pack of lackeys whose feels their jobs are to make cbg look like she is giving the correct information. There has been some improvement ,and as their site becomes larger with more attorneys,and others in the legal community that type of none sense is being slowly phased out.

I enjoyed my time over there though,and they have some great posters, even some of the ones I disagree with had some good posts, and there are more posters coming, so there is huge improvement. Sooner or later the powers that be will probably put cbg out to pasture. They have to she is slowing down progress and limiting the site from its true potential. When that happens her little click of pig will have to crack the law books like everyone else.

The site three years ago looked like this:

Injured Poster: My boss shot me in the knee caps,and fired me,is there any recourse ?

GBG:Unless you have a contract or in a protected category the employer can terminate you at-will that means the employer can fire you for ANY reason.

Injured Poster: But he shot my knee caps!

GBG: Unless your being singled out because of age,race or sex or some other protected category,and you have not been singled out. I am afraid you have no recourse.

Injured Poster: Shouldn't I call an attorney?

GBG: Have you spoken to H.R who knows more than any attorney,and is for the employees?

Injured Poster: Yes they said the same thing you did.

CBG: Of course I have been in H.R for 25 years the answer is correct.

EllMd: GBG is correct as always. Why did the employer shoot you in the knee caps? I have a suspicion your leaving some key information out of your post.

Injured Poster: I wouldn't hand him the bullets.

Mlane58 (Texan quer): Ha! ...And your surprised? I would have fired you myself whats a box of bullets weigh 2 lbs? Unless you have some weight restriction (which I doubt) your at-will.

Cyjeff: I agree you sound like a slacker.

New Poster: Wait he shot the guy in the knee caps there could be a tort here.

CBG: Please post a case or link that proves that! Are you in H.R? We do not discuss Tort law read the heading employment law!

New poster: I cant provide a Link,and have never worked in H.R. But this guy should see an attorney.

CBG: New poster is not in any legal profession he can not cite anything,and whats worse he is not an H.R manager like the rest of us.

New poster: Thats all true but he shot the guy in the Knee caps.

CBG: New poster is arguing,and does not know what he is talking about. This thread is locked,and new poster is in serious jeopardy of loosing his membership.
THE END LOCKED BY SUPER MODERATOR CBG

Fortunately it is not that bad any more. Also cbg hardly speaks from any management or H.R prospective as more real H.R posters (if you can find one that is not busy) reviews her posts they will point it out as well. She obviously is studying employment law books from the early part of the twentieth century.
JoeC

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:07 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Replace I with we)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe Empty Hey, Joe....

Post  Admin Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:28 am

Don't forget to mention me as making a "small" contribution to starting this site. Laughing
Arkady Itkin
http://www.sanfranciscoemploymentlawfirm.com

I will monitor the traffic and the google page rank of this site regularly (it will take it a while to get out of the "sandbox" but you should encourage members to link to this forum (to post links to this forum on their site) as it will make a big difference to the visibility of this site on the search engines when people look for answers to legal questions.

Admin
Admin

https://joeslegalforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe Empty Re: Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:45 am

That is absolutely correct,and I should have mentioned the esteemed California employment attorney,and administrator.. Good thing for the editor I corrected it.
Hey if you figure out how to download images let us know. In a year or two LLT is going to wonder who let the dogs out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:32 am

Thanks, and ... that's the spirit!!! Lets back each other up and both be administrators to ensure continuity and civility on this forum.

You would have many more options (including giving this forum it's own domain url name instead of using forumotion extension) if you were independently hosting this forum. Without such hosting, I don't think you have access to too many functions. But... explain to me what you are trying to do exactly and I will see if I can find an answer. The menu above allows you to embed images and even videos, so ... this should be pretty good.

Admin
Admin

https://joeslegalforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rdm4416 Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:15 am

Hey Joe! I'm here! The move kicked my butt, but all is good. Well, except for all the lawsuits hanging over my head. Good work on the site! Very Happy

Last edited by rdm4416 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I wanted to. :o))
rdm4416
rdm4416
H.R Guru

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:29 am

Great to see you, the bear and sposito are here to your among old friends!
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rdm4416 Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:30 am

Why won't my picture show up in the "signature"?
rdm4416
rdm4416
H.R Guru

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:37 am

Scroll down and check: Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rdm4416 Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 am

Yeah, I did that, but it was a photo I was attaching to my signature. It has all the HTML coding, so I don't know what is up. I will keep trying.
rdm4416
rdm4416
H.R Guru

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:49 am

I am haveing a lot of problems with that.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Well they lifted my two week ban, after that Nazi cbg put a burka on Lucy Liu. A moderator does that has some serious mental issues. Well Lucy is always welcomed on this board. No burkas here.
Excellent New Web Site Set Up Joe LucyLiu01

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:41 pm

rdm4416 wrote:Why won't my picture show up in the "signature"?
Ok rdm I figured it out. Images can be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] copy and paste a web address of the image. Then the image appears as above.
That is limited but there is nothing I know of to expand it. If I could I would like to set it up for PDF,and word files,as well as accessing image's from a users photo album. As of now you can put a photo from your album to your personal avatar but thats it.
JoeC
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down