Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

California Assembly Bill 2716.

2 posters

Go down

California Assembly Bill 2716. Empty California Assembly Bill 2716.

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:47 am

California Assembly Bill 2716, which would require employers to provide workers with paid sick days isn't going to pass in 2008; however, the California Labor Federation AFL-CIO will likely reintroduce the bill in 2009. The legislation would have required California employers to give employees paid leave due to personal illness, to care for a sick family member, or due to recovery or treatment related to a sexual assault or domestic violence-related incident. While the leave would be required upon written or oral request, it wouldn't mandate employees to provide supporting documentation for their need for leave. Hopefully the new bill will offer acceptable concessions, such as supporting documentation.
JoeC

Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

California Assembly Bill 2716. Empty Re: California Assembly Bill 2716.

Post  charlikscott Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 pm

i was googling the other day to find out a status on this issue. should have just come here first.

after my termination I had to take two PT jobs and neither of the two fairly major retail companies gives employees sick time. Which to me is so very wrong. Especially since one involves being around children and you'd think the logical thing is to encourage folks to call out so they don't make the customers sick. guess the bottom line is more important.

charlikscott

Back to top Go down