ExpertLaw.com

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  PeterHoping44 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Pot. Kettle. Black.

PeterHoping44

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Banned forever!

Post  ItJustIs on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 pm

My husband and I had previously had similar complaints about FreeAdvice, and I had thought that ExpertLaw seemed to handle their site better. Until now.

Problems arose when my post was misinterpreted, and instead of answering my legal questions, Senior Members kept posting many assumptions about both my husband and I. The thread was closed before I could reply any further. When myself and other members calmly and rationally explained (in a separate thread)  that the replies could be a lot more tactful and....you know....actually help with useful answers, we were further criticized and told that we *were* helped, it just wasn't the "poor baby" reply that they insisted I was looking for. Then I simply posted that the reason I found one of the posters answers helpful was because they were correct in what they told me, but it was not helpful that the one Senior Member was incorrect (because he was trying to tell me that what is in the court order in black and white somehow "isn't" going on in this case). He compared me to some deranged cop story, and insists that my husband wants to go commit perjury before the court .....even after I stated several times that this is a very gross assumption.

So what happened after I said that the Senior Member did not help me? I get a message back that I was banned, no reason specified and that the ban lift date is "never".

My husband and all of those who know me personally find this quite amusing, since they know me to be a very reasonable and polite gal. I did not rant and rave, I did not use any obscene language or slander or bigoted terms.....it was like, "You dare to tell me that I don't know it all and that I might be mistaken about something? Then I will ban you!!"

I realized too late what their forum terms translate to: 1. That they don't screen their moderators on actual expertise. 2. That they will not delete posts on your request, but moderators can freely edit and delete posts at their discretion. In other words: they don't want their false opinions, snarky witticisms etc. towards you removed, but anything you say that they don't like? They will use every means they have to attempt to put a gag on you. Many other decent websites, you can negatively rate or remove comments etc.  At ExpertLaw? (and FreeAdvice): The system appears to work only one way, and it isn't yours. I really wish I had read all of this previous to posting, but I hope enough warnings will bring things to the point where these sham sites get little to no traffic. What will the trolls-disguised-as-experts do then? Cool

ItJustIs

Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  PeterHoping44 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:10 am

Hey. I wouldn't worry about it. Like Joe said, there are heaps of legitimate legal aid websites available that will help you with your problems, but it's just a case of finding the ones that aren't yet populated by the a-holes we've discussed at great lengths here.

I actually got rid of my Internet service in May because I was sick of my ex, as well as a-holes on forums etc. I felt it was time for a much needed break. However, now I'm finding that with my broadband gone that I've become really bored without YouTube etc, so I'm getting it back, if only for to support my hobby of studying popular music in other countries, such as Australia, New Zealand and Canada. And as far as stalking old faces on Facebook goes...I think some things are best left in the past where they belong. When you become happy with being YOU, you won't need to be on Facebook.

Gaming forums aren't my thing anymore. If I need to go on forums to ask for help with something, that is considered fine. Although there are also FAQs for this reason, that don't require you to register. One thing that annoys me is that if you join a site you then find you don't like, there is an option not to post there again, but there usually isn't any DIY way to delete your own membership. So I'm not going to be online as much if I can help it, because I don't want it to become fruitless and emotionally distressing for me like it were years prior.

It does make you wonder about what folk did before the net existed in a mainstream way. Like, how did people pass the time? At least YouTube saves on albums space and I'm happy we have it there.  I love you

PeterHoping44

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  JoeC (McGruff) on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:57 am

That is right Peter there is no reason what so ever to spend any time on shame sites. I don't know why the poster was banned but consider it a privilege, being banned from expert law, LaborLawTalk or any other sham site only means, that some minimum wage bell hop working third shift at a hotel in New England disagrees with you.
BIG DEAL! Sham sites are moderated by looser's that cant hack it in the real world, and can only find a place in the cyber world, other than that they serve no purpose.

Most law firms have long ago figured out the advantage of creating blogs, and most firms use them in one way or the other. The added benefit is you can pose your problem to an attorney directly and get a reply. I do a good deal of legal work and have had great success using attorneys blogs. So there really is no need to waste time listening to idiots anymore. My guess five years from now sites such as: LLT, expertlaw, and the like; will be hard to find on search engines. And when you find a good useful blog post the link in the appropriate forum, it may help someone else.
avatar
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Posts : 705
Join date : 2008-08-31
Age : 57
Location : Seattle Wa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  bor on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:58 pm

JoeC (McGruff) wrote:That is right Peter there is no reason what so ever to spend any time on shame sites. I don't know why the poster was banned but consider it a privilege, being banned from expert law, LaborLawTalk or any other sham site only means, that some minimum wage bell hop working third shift at a hotel in New England disagrees with you.

Hey Joe, speaking of dirt bag cbg, here is her post count as of today;

Free Advice; 32,428
Expert law; 13,495
Labor Law Talk; 36,851

TOTAL = 82,774

Over 82 Thousand posts on those 3 sites and I have seen her on others.

What kind of idiot has such a sorry life they spend that much time on boards? That means we have 82,774 asshole posts, all smart ass.

IF, she helped people, that would would be one thing, but all anyone has to do is read her, and see she "gets off" on telling people off. After her and cyeff, another dickweed, were outed on You tube, you would think they would shut up, not them.


bor

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  bor on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:06 pm

ItJustIs wrote:I realized too late what their forum terms translate to: 1. That they don't screen their moderators on actual expertise. 2. That they will not delete posts on your request, but moderators can freely edit and delete posts at their discretion. In other words: they don't want their false opinions, snarky witticisms etc. towards you removed, but anything you say that they don't like? They will use every means they have to attempt to put a gag on you. Many other decent websites, you can negatively rate or remove comments etc.  At ExpertLaw? (and FreeAdvice): The system appears to work only one way, and it isn't yours. I really wish I had read all of this previous to posting, but I hope enough warnings will bring things to the point where these sham sites get little to no traffic. What will the trolls-disguised-as-experts do then?

Over on free advice the posters tranqulity and Zigner forced me off. I got suspened for 6 monhs, 6 months, for calling tranq a jerk, he deserved it. Do you think teh moderator over there would send a pm and inquire? NO, since I was new, of course, they did not want to offend a long time poster, even though he is a 100% smart ass.

Zinger hounded me from day one, another 50,000 trashball. He just could not believe, or so he said, how stupid I was in law talk, yet I still had the nerve to post on a law forum?

EVERY post he put me down and was amazed at actually how stupid I was to him, NO, just harassment, yet he still posts, nothing better to do for 16 hours a day then to insult people and the jackass moderator over there lets him, and others.

bor

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  JoeC (McGruff) on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Any forum that lets CBG or any of her lackeys in, you dont want any part of.


Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Posts : 705
Join date : 2008-08-31
Age : 57
Location : Seattle Wa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  TimeTravelForward on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 am

PeterHoping44 wrote:With that said, the Internet in general will always be filled with trolling assholes, due to the level of anonymity it provides. Unfortunately, that's just how it is.

With a site like ExpertLaw, my concern isn't with the trolling. It's with the manipulation of the posts. The moderators frequently delete posts that disagree with their understanding of the law (which is often incorrect), and lock threads that go into topics they don't understand.

This forces people to take away a skewed view of the law where the only viewpoint they had the opportunity to witness was that of the moderators, because everyone who disagreed, right or wrong, had their post deleted.

I personally witnessed a situation where this almost caused a person to lose their case. A woman had sought legal advice, and an over zealous, under educated moderator gave her incorrect information and told her that she had no chance of winning. I stepped in and pointed out the inconsistencies in the moderator's advice and my post was quickly deleted. The moderator claimed that I had posted false information making outlandish claims. I reposted the information and cited case law and statutes to back it up, and this time the moderators left it alone.

Shortly after, the OP had her case successfully resolved. Luckily she had differing opinions that allowed her to recognize and ignore the moderator's poor advice. Had the moderator's summation of the law been the only one available to her, it's highly likely she would have lost.

That's the real danger that a site like ExpertLaw poses. People with no legal education whatsoever trying to play attorney and causing people to have actual legal calamities.

TimeTravelForward

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  JoeC (McGruff) on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 pm

TimeTravelForward wrote:[
I personally witnessed a situation where this almost caused a person to lose their case. A woman had sought legal advice, and an over zealous, under educated moderator gave her incorrect information and told her that she had no chance of winning. I stepped in and pointed out the inconsistencies in the moderator's advice and my post was quickly deleted. The moderator claimed that I had posted false information making outlandish claims.

You identified the biggest problem with sham sites. This is how petty a moderator named CBG whom moderates LLT and some other site's did to me, I had over 5000 posts on LLT many disagreed with the moderators and he lackeys positions.  CBG banned me from LLT but not another one; a poster posted a problem in New York on severance pay she was entitled to, but did not receive. It was a small amount under $5000.00 CBG assumed since the employee was hired "at-will" anything goes for the boss, including the ability to welsh on wages and benefits.  I told the poster she had a case and for such a small amount, small claims court would be the proper venue. CBG argued her position for thee pages of posts.  In the end the women could see clearly that I was right and CBG was wrong and decided to let a Judge figure it out for a nominal filling fee and her appearance in court.. Naturally the women won her case and received her money, and the employer who had been coached by his attorney did not even dare to try to use the same arguments CBG was running on her. So what did CBG do after that? Banned me from the site, and then she went back to LLT where I had posted years before being banned; there she deleted every post I had ever wrote. Her petty spitefulness has cost many aggrieved workers not to just pick up a phone and call a lawyer.

To read CBG's the discourse click here: http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34007 (CBG successfully had me banned from this site as well.


Last edited by JoeC (McGruff) on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add link.)
avatar
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Posts : 705
Join date : 2008-08-31
Age : 57
Location : Seattle Wa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  TimeTravelForward on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:27 pm

JoeC (McGruff) wrote:To read CBG's the discourse click here:  http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34007 (CBG successfully had me banned from this site as well.

That was a total shut down if there ever was one. It's hard to believe that the moderator of a law forum doesn't even have a basic understanding of contract law.

CBG should have apologized for almost blowing the Poster's case...

TimeTravelForward

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  JoeC (McGruff) on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:53 am

That is not how sham sites operate T.T.F, it is all about the moderator is the expert ,and always right. It does not matter that CBG is hotel night clerk she is the moderator and no one posting better ever forget it. I have actually seen actual lawyers try to straighten the fool out, only to have the thread locked. And if you notice CBG types seldom post unless they can moderate or lackeys of the moderator, which is why these clowns never respond here.
avatar
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Posts : 705
Join date : 2008-08-31
Age : 57
Location : Seattle Wa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  PeterHoping44 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:58 am

I wouldn't worry about them anymore. People like them just annoy ordinary people online because they are losers in the real world where their unpleasant personality cannot shine through in the same way it can hiding behind their screens. I've had so much bother with trolls online that I could write a book on it and get rich. Well, at least in theory. Now I'm to the point where I don't even really bother with such forums anymore. All the ones I liked visiting are like a ghost town now anyway. That's because all the things I liked years ago aren't the same, but others know that as well. Everyone is older and has more busy stuff occupying themselves. I still feel like a kid at heart, but a major improvement is required if I want to become the person I can be.

Anyway, I had a lot of problems in my real life this year with a woman I spent years looking for. Although it was upsetting that she treated me like garbage, I'm (gradually) getting over it now. You can read about her in the link provided.

She was bad for me. The net was also bad for me. What you need to do is get wise, get educated and grow a pair, so that you can start to see the right path and know that others don't always change or man up before you do. That way, you start to realize that the rut you are in needs to change and you as a person changes along with it because the perception is anew. It ain't easy and it will not be like a night to day thing either. But there are cooler folk in life you can relate to, that won't be like they are. So in other words, Expert Law and their kind, are just nobodies that need to see the same guidance and be respectful to others, or they'll gain nothing.

http://members.lovingyou.com/showthread.php?s=4e4975d5957f071a8ae4803abf174e53&threadid=258693

PeterHoping44

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  bor on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Joe, I can't log into expertlaw anymore, I think that BITCH lawresearchermissy changed my password. I was shootin her ass down in PM's to posters she was an asshole to, and I think she got wind of it.

I was reviewing some of her posts, like cbg, the posters she has banned in the last month due to thier so called smart ass mouth, yeah right!! Can't count em all.

Why does that dick Aaron allow this??

Somebody is going to stalk her one day like they did cyjeff and cbg. She has given out so much info on herself, it is incredible.  Would not take much to find her. She is an IDIOT.

https://twitter.com/missysedai

Check out this one thread, I can read, but not post;

The posters conduct pisses cbg off, what an asshole. Missy is right in there too.

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162653

bor

Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  PeterHoping44 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:39 am

Sigh. Life's way too short. We only live once, so spend our own life wisely before we pass. I love you 

PeterHoping44

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  So Cal on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:37 pm

I agree with most of the comments about ExpertLaw.com. They are a tight-knit clique of guys that are not experts at anything but ridiculing posters that come to that site seeking legal advice.

I went to that site (under Brian GC) looking for advice on a traffic citation and all I received was negative comments that I did not have a chance of beating it. When I asked for the legal background of a few senior members I was told it did not matter and my question was basically out of line. I then challenged a few members and was banned. So I came back to the site under a different screen name (So Cal) to engage them again. What became glaringly obvious is the site is run by those with a law enforcement and pro-prosecution bias. Their main intent is to persuade posters to pay their citations and will not give advice on how to use all the legal approaches to beat a citation.

I blame the poor quality of the site on the moderators, who are obviously ex-law enforcment or anti-societal types. It couldn't get that bad without the backing of the mods.

Oh ya. I hired a traffic attorney for $250 and beat my citation. None of the senior members were interested at all about how my lawyer did it because beating citations is not in their interest. Paying them is. And, after being admonished by the Administrator (Aaron) for questioning senior members, I then responded to them by PM. I was quickly banned again.

So Cal

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  JoeC (McGruff) on Thu May 01, 2014 4:16 pm

I am glad to hear you ignored bogus advice from this sham site. This type of sham sites and others like it are slowly going the way of the Dodo bird, as more attorneys have their own blogs on very specific area of law. The reason posters fall into these troll site/freak shows is; the large volume they have which gives them good search engine placement. Attorney blogs in comparison do not have that volume, but the information is considerably more valuable compared to information on sham sites, which is generally worthless.
Moderators on sham sites are not lawyers and they certainly are not Judges, but they think they are and they view each post as if they giving a ruling. They block posters whom they don’t agree with and let posters that fit their small view badger posters with a legal issue. The moderators tend to be misfits that did poorly in their own fields (Law enforcement, Human resources, etc.) or in the family law posts, bitter divorces or mothers that were so incompetent they lost their children to step-parents.
I do not doubt a police officer knows more about traffic law than the average citizen and traffic law is so cut and dry very few defendants win. But they certainly do not know every single traffic court, or traffic court Judge in the country.
As side note the only traffic citation I witnessed being over turned was done with, engineering data from the automotive manufacture. The data was contrary to the reading of the police radar gun. The Judge took great interest in the data.
Now if this defendant had explained this on a sham site the moderator or lackey would say the data is inadmissible as hearsay. Or even worse as “CBG on Laborlawtalk.com” continually tells posters “expert opinion have no force of law”. That would mean that expert testimony is not admissible as evidence. Of course that is ridiculous, it is up to the presiding Judge what hearsay is and what expert testimony the court will allow. This is why CBG has over 50K posts on various employment law websites but was fired from various H.R jobs, and currently works as a hotel night check in clerk. So posters are getting employment law advice from a minimum wage bell hop,that lacks the skill set to work in an H.R capacity let alone practice law in an employment law firm.

avatar
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Posts : 705
Join date : 2008-08-31
Age : 57
Location : Seattle Wa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  So Cal on Thu May 08, 2014 2:54 pm

JoeC (McGruff) wrote:I am glad to hear you ignored bogus advice from this sham site. This type of sham sites and others like it are slowly going the way of the Dodo bird, as more attorneys have their own blogs on very specific area of law. The reason posters fall into these troll site/freak shows is; the large volume they have which gives them good search engine placement. Attorney blogs in comparison do not have that volume, but the information is considerably more valuable compared to information on sham sites, which is generally worthless.
 Moderators on sham sites are not lawyers and they certainly are not Judges, but they think they are and they view each post as if they giving a ruling. They block posters whom they don’t agree with and let posters that fit their small view badger posters with a legal issue. The moderators tend to be misfits that did poorly in their own fields (Law enforcement, Human resources, etc.) or in the family law posts, bitter divorces or mothers that were so incompetent they lost their children to step-parents.
I do not doubt a police officer knows more about traffic law than the average citizen and traffic law is so cut and dry very few defendants win.  But they certainly do not know every single traffic court, or traffic court Judge in the country.
As side note the only traffic citation I witnessed being over turned was done with, engineering data from the automotive manufacture. The data was contrary to the reading of the police radar gun. The Judge took great interest in the data.
Now if this defendant had explained this on a sham site the moderator or lackey would say the data is inadmissible as hearsay. Or even worse as “CBG on Laborlawtalk.com” continually tells posters “expert opinion have no force of law”. That would mean that expert testimony is not admissible as evidence. Of course that is ridiculous, it is up to the presiding Judge what hearsay is and what expert testimony the court will allow. This is why CBG has over 50K posts on various employment law websites but was fired from various H.R jobs, and currently works as a hotel night check in clerk. So posters are getting employment law advice from a minimum wage bell hop,that lacks the skill set to work in an H.R capacity let alone practice law in an employment law firm.


Thank you for your dead-on response.

I can't help but go back to that site to read the bogus, one-sided, negative advice they give posters. Even the Moderators do it, which lays the foundation for the site.

Yesterday they were busted giving bogus advice saying that an obscured stop sign would not get a person out of a 'running a stop sign' citation. The poster went to court and indeed got the cite dismissed. So the lackey Mod, 'Mr Knowitall', came back and tried to save face by saying "Congratulation on your lucky break". Well, first off, he is not sincere congratulating him because he wanted him to lose just like he said he would. Secondly, he tried to rationalize the dismissal as a "lucky break".

There are about 10 - 15 senior members that dominate that site who give negative, bogus, pro-prosecution advice to all that visit it. What perplexes me is why would someone spend so much time using their knowledge of the law to hurt people who are in need of help? I guess some forums are the new venue that allow sick people to mingle with the general public? And the better the handwriting, the more believable.

So Cal

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ExpertLaw.com

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum