Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promised Wages...

2 posters

Go down

Promised Wages... Empty Promised Wages...

Post  nckrystalblue Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 am

Does this only relate to actual per hour wages or is this inclusive of other 'benefits' as well such as Performance Reviews and Pay Raises if they are included in the handbook or other forms of notice (§ 95-25.13.) with the other company "policies"?
nckrystalblue
nckrystalblue

Back to top Go down

Promised Wages... Empty Re: Promised Wages...

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:49 am

I dont think so that citation covers posting requirments try these:

Definition
§ 95‑25.2.(16)"Wage" paid to an employee means compensation for labor or services rendered by an employee whether determined on a time, task, piece, job, day, commission, or other basis of calculation, and the reasonable cost as determined by the Commissioner of furnishing employees with board, lodging, or other facilities. For the purposes of G.S. 95‑25.6 through G.S. 95‑25.13 "wage" includes sick pay, vacation pay, severance pay, commissions, bonuses, and other amounts promised when the employer has a policy or a practice of making such payments.

§ 95‑25.7A. Wages in dispute.
(a) If the amount of wages is in dispute, the employer shall pay the wages, or that part of the wages, which the employer concedes to be due without condition, within the time set by this Article. The employee retains all remedies that the employee might otherwise be entitled to regarding any balance of wages claimed by the employee, including those remedies provided under this Article.
(b) Acceptance of a partial payment of wages under this section by an employee does not constitute a release of the balance of the claim. Further, any release of the claim required by an employer as a condition of partial payment is void. (1989, c. 687, s. 1.)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nckrystalblue Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Thanks, I was asking if the vacation fell under the promised wages to which you provided the statue I had previously read but forgot where it was. Thank you.
The reference for the posting statute was only because I was referencing via paraphrasing and didn't want to be called out for not being exact.

Thanks for the references. I thought I had read something about the benefits being included but I couldn't remember if it was statute or message boards Shocked
nckrystalblue
nckrystalblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down