Legal hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandatory UnEmployment Employer Appeals

2 posters

Go down

Mandatory UnEmployment Employer Appeals Empty Mandatory UnEmployment Employer Appeals

Post  nckrystalblue Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 pm

NC mandates that the employer appeal all claims that make it through the initial adjudicator's hands. I had this happen to me in 2006 but didn't know at the time it was a law, I thought it was personal. In my case it was the top office manager who represented the company and we held it via phone. Was simple, and didn't require an in person hearing. I'm asking because someone told me today their hearing was postponed because the "president" was going to a Corporate convention.

Would attendance at a convention by the employer be reasonable grounds for postponing a hearing? I'm almost in shock at hearing this but am wondering if in fact the hearing referee isn't personally involved with the people of this company. What if the employee wanted to travel out of country, could he hold up the hearing too for not good reason other then he's not free that day?

If the law mandates that the "employer" must appeal all claims for UE, who generally is representing the company at the hearing? Is it the owner of the company, the involved manager who did the firing, an attorney or someone from HR maybe?

I think I should have spent more time on a speed reading course when I was younger... Kinda wish I had a data port to download directly to my brain, bypassing my slow and aging eyes.
No
nckrystalblue
nckrystalblue

Back to top Go down

Mandatory UnEmployment Employer Appeals Empty Re: Mandatory UnEmployment Employer Appeals

Post  JoeC (McGruff) Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:53 am

Postponements are typically the sole discretion of the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) handling the case.
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
JoeC (McGruff)
Admin

Back to top Go down